About Me

I am a captive caretaker of three small terrorists and an exotic petting zoo. I try regularly to sneak college courses so one day I can leave this place.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sponge bob Casserole

My children are separatists. They do not like their veggies mixed with anything, in fact they really don't like their food touching. I often have to disguise my casseroles as some famous dish. Take for instance Sponge bob casserole, named so my children would eat it, and possibly like it.
It has shredded zucchini, summer squash, and onion cooked mixed with shredded cheese and white rice then melted in the oven. The more summer squash and yellow cheese the more like Sponge bob it looks, the more zucchini the more like seaweed it looks. So anyway I serve this and Jay my 10 year old says, "wait is Sponge bob really in here?" And all I can think is, here we go again. "Yes Jay, I snatched Sponge bob out of the TV tossed him in my food processor and then cooked him up to make a tasty dish. "

2 comments:

  1. What did Jay say? You left me hanging - did it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He smiled this big smile like 'mom you are so silly...' I was scared to ask anymore questions about it, I mean could it get anymore ridiculous?
    Well knowing my kids it could get really silly. I'll ask Jay tonight where he thinks I could get a sponge bob from in order to make my next casserole.

    ReplyDelete