About Me

I am a captive caretaker of three small terrorists and an exotic petting zoo. I try regularly to sneak college courses so one day I can leave this place.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My entertaining children.

You forget how entertaining the little monsters are until people come to your house who don't actually have any living in their home. And even then, I am not sure if it's me jumping through hoops to manage the small people and their pandemonium or if it's the kids themselves that provide amusement. My home is always in a constant state of bedlam. The children are always all talking at the same time, competing for the remaining oxygen that is left in the room. No wonder I feel dizzy and light headed when they are here. Someone, usually KT, spills something always. Jay gets so busy holding the guest hostage with his verboseness (can't imagine who he gets that from)that we have to remind him to eat. Violet has to amp up her behavior because she can't begin to compete with their antics. It's a mad rush to get them through: pick up your stuff, dinner, yes you have to finish your salad, dessert-wait for everyone to sit down, finish your drink, clean up the table, showers, no that wasn't long enough go back in, jammies, get that towel off the floor, teeth brush, book read, and don't come down the stairs again, lights out, PHEW!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, That is a very accurate description of the evenings events!

    ReplyDelete